Re: [ietf-dkim] IDNA

2010-10-22 00:07:36
that we want to use ToASCII while no current (i.e. not obsolete)
document contains a definition of it.  I seem to recall one of the
other co-authors looking into it and finding this was acceptable,
but I don't recall.  Dave, can you comment?

It would be highly unusual to use such a reference.  I will most
likely nit about that.

Interestingly, the document that made it historical refers to it for
more than a reference saying it has been replaced.  That is, it makes a
substantive comment on it.

I caught up on the back and forth on IDNA.  The incompatibilities between
IDN2003 and IDN2008 are limited to the encoding of two uncommon
characters, which the IDNA group think is not a big deal, hence their
decision not to change the xn-- prefix.  Really, we should change the
references to the current standard.

R's,
John