Re: [ietf-dkim] Statistics about DKIM and MIME

2010-10-25 10:09:56
The one that stands out is "multipart/signed" (from RFC1847) which drops to about a 65% survival rate. I don't know much about how this is typically formatted or treated enroute, but it was easily the biggest outlier in the report. Not sure if that should be a surprise to us or not.

I'm surprised. That suggests something often adds the S/MIME signature after the DKIM signature, but as far as I know, S/MIME signatures are usually applied by the MUA.

Do the stats say what kind of failure it was, e.g. body hash or header hash?

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",