Re: [ietf-dkim] wildcards, was Focusing on 4871bis

2010-10-25 10:14:30
      hangText="NOTE:"> The use of wildcard TXT records in the
    DNS will produce a response to a DKIM query that is
    unlikely to be valid DKIM key record. This problem
    applies to many other types of queries, and client
    software that processes DNS responses needs to take this
    problem into account.</t>

I haven't heard anything but support for adding that.

Forgive me if I repeat myself, but I still don't see anything wrong with this:

 *._domainkey.example.com  IN TXT "v=DKIM1; p=; n=revoked"

I'm trying to figure out the clearest way to say that wildcards for key records within the _domainkey subtree are OK, while wildcards above it cause problems since they are very unlikely to be key records.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",