Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for new text about multiple header issues

2010-10-25 10:56:34

--On 24 October 2010 22:10:34 -0700 Steve Atkins
<steve(_at_)wordtothewise(_dot_)com>
wrote:

A DKIM verifier generates a single bit, "validly signed or not",
and an identifier in the "validly signed" case.

Actually, my verifier produces two bits: one for the headers, and one for
the body. In terms of authentication, that might not mean much. It is
useful for debugging, though.

It also says if the public key was unavailable, or contained a syntax error:

For what it's worth, today, on one cluster, I see these counts:
  12 invalid - public key record (currently?) unavailable
  19 invalid - syntax error in public key record
  31 verification failed - body hash mismatch (body probably modified in
transit)
 285 verification failed - signature did not verify (headers probably
modified in transit)
1776 verification succeeded

--
Ian Eiloart