Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for new text about multiple header issues

2010-10-25 00:09:04
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Mark Delany
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:56 PM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal for new text about multiple header issues

Well, I'm clearly the outlier here, but I think "be liberal" is
protocol nonsense that has been accepted as "conventional wisdom" for
far too long now.

You're not the outlier.  I quite agree.

[...]
In short, I don't think any part of DKIM should be based on "be
liberal" because it always trades off security.

What the text is trying to do is show the reader the caveats of the email world
that exists today, not agreeing with or attempting to espouse that strategy.