Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM Japan has been set up

2010-11-22 11:09:34

Thanks for your comment, Hector and Alessandoro.

I understand your point.
First, Alessandoro, let me reply to your comment.

Yes, very true, it is recipients' choice to discard messages.
But in fact, that choice is lost for now because our Ministry
does not allow that. My idea was to build another level of
ground where the author, recipients and the Ministry can agee on,
"if-no-sig then discardable".

And I see your point, Hector. If we draw a line between Sig and No-sig,
that would allow broken signature to be accepted. But as you poited out,
bad guys still remain in legacy operation, so the line between Sig and
No-sig works for the time being. I know that it is not the best way to
do it, but it could be a practical step to the wider adoption. Because
if that option gets valid, I am sure more authors would choose it at
least here in Japan. I don't think that undermines the effectivenes of
DKIM, because one can always rewrite his ADSP 'discaradable' if the bad
guys start spoofing with forged signatures.

Well, it's just a newbie's idea, so may be totally unacceptable.
But please understand that we're heavily committed.
Gotta find a way through.

Tsuneki Ohnishi
infomani@ Inc.