Re: [ietf-dkim] one more round of the inane mailing list argument, was DKIM Japan has been set up

2010-11-24 10:48:35

Let's not do this on this list.

On 24/11/10 15:42, John R. Levine wrote:
This really does need to be a FAQ.

DKIM works just dandy, when lists sign their mail like this one does.

Unless the intermediary co-operates by re-signing, mailing lists can break
DKIM signatures.

Quite true.  But broken signatures are only a problem in a mutant version
of DKIM unlike the one specified in RFC 4871, so it's not a problem.

but you do lose the ability to assign signer domain based reputation
to the message.

Unless, of course, the list signs like this one does.  I don't see any
reason to think it's less likely that lists sign than that list
contributors sign.  Do you?  Concrete numbers would help here.

Anecdotes: all the Yahoogroups lists sign.  All of my lists sign.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",