Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposed documentation split between DKIM and "DOSETA"

2011-01-07 17:26:32
Here's the proposal that Barry just announced, for splitting the DKIM
specification into a DKIM-specific portion and an underlying, more generic
portion that could be re-purposed for other services.  It's current working
acronym is DOSETA.

Seems reasonable to me, both the split, and the plan to reorganize.

As it stands, 4871 suffers from too much history, and as a result
contains a great deal of stuff that has nothing to do with
implementing the protocol.  I would, for example, get rid of
everything about MUAs beyond mentioning the bare facts that MUAs can
do DKIM signing and verification.  We should be able to produce docs
that are both clearer and shorter.

R's,
John