Re: [ietf-dkim] Re-thinking the organization of the DKIM spec

2011-01-20 13:39:22
We'll let the discussion go through the end of next week -- let's say,
through the end of the day on Thursday, 20 Jan -- and then we'll make
a consensus call.

It's not quite the end of the day, but it seems quite clear to the
chairs that we do not have consensus to split the DKIM spec.  If a
groundswell of support comes in in the next few hours and changes
that, we'll reconsider, but that certainly seems unlikely.

So the split is off the table at this point.  It can be proposed again
after 4871bis gets DS status and the mailing list document is done, if
folks still have the enthusiasm to go another step.

The chairs ask the 4871bis editors to post a new 4871bis as soon as
possible, with the changes from the WGLC, and to point out any issues
that remain unresolved.

Barry, as chair