Re: [ietf-dkim] Re-thinking the organization of the DKIM spec

2011-01-12 10:08:04
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:05 PM, J.D. Falk
<jdfalk-lists(_at_)cybernothing(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Jan 11, 2011, at 4:12 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:

2.  The mechanisms in DOSETA were designed for DKIM.  If we are generalizing
along the lines that Dave has mentioned, I would prefer that DOSETA in
particular not advance to draft status, as it ought to be tested in at least
two separate applications for a time.  Otherwise we run the risk of
ossifying something prematurely.

This is a good point.

I agree.

But also, speaking of ossification, seems like it'd be far more annoying in
the long run to create DOSETA as something entirely parallel to DKIM, and
have DKIM not reference it -- in other words, two nearly-identical parallel
specifications.

I'd finish our current work, sans document split. DK and DKIM were two
parallel specifications for a bit. I don't think there was any harm in
that.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA