Re: [ietf-dkim] DOSETA and re-thinking the organization of the DKIM spec

2011-01-11 15:58:31
John R. Levine:
   The new docs willuse the CORRECTED rfc4871bis text.

Considering how far along we are with rfc4871bis, and keeping mind mind
the objections from Jim and others, my inclination would be to finish and
publish rfc4871bis as a standalone document, and after that do the DOSETA
document that, as I understand it, pulls out components of DKIM and
defines  interfaces to them as a toolkit.

There will be some overlap, but I don't see that as a huge problem.  For
the parts that say the same thing, our text editor cut and paste keys are
ready and able to help.

+1.  I have no problems with the split, but if some people do,
then let this not stand in the way of progress.

        Wietse