Re: [ietf-dkim] Re-thinking the organization of the DKIM spec

2011-01-11 13:02:22

On 1/10/2011 5:28 PM, Jim Fenton wrote:
1. Review Abuse:  We held a Last Call on rfc4871bis that closed on 22
October 2010.  Many of us put considerable focus into a detailed edit of
the document at that time, and to hear that other than surgical changes
to the document in response to Last Call comments is an abuse of many
peoples' time, and not just mine.

Separate from the larger concerns you raise, I should clarify the specific one
about use of feedback from the Last Call:

    The new docs willuse the CORRECTED rfc4871bis text.

In other words, any changes produced from reviews will be in the split
documents.

d/

ps. FWIW, iSchedule was offered as an exemplar, not a motivator not a necessary
consumer.  iSchedule really had nothing to do with the basis or timing of the
proposed split.  Serendipity of input and thinking were responsible...

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking