Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM using old RSA padding?

2011-02-28 08:48:36

On 2/28/2011 5:45 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
AFAIK pkcs#1v1.5 signatures are still what's most easy to find
in terms of code support etc. and that was what drove us to choose
that for 4871.

In future, someone might want to define a DKIM sig alg that uses
PSS, but I've not heard that there's demand for that.

Just for archive completeness (and to comfort folks like me who lack crypto
clue) could you offer a very brief summary of the difference between what DKIM
currently uses and what is being suggested, especially in terms of how the
newer
one is better and why that might be important?

Thanks.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker