Re: [ietf-dkim] ECC (was RE: DKIM using old RSA padding?)

2011-02-28 14:05:17
On 28Feb11, Murray S. Kucherawy allegedly wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Farrell
[mailto:stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 10:35 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: Michael Thomas; Hanno B?ck; ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] ECC (was RE: DKIM using old RSA padding?)

The time to switch for DKIM is likely to be when you no longer
want to sign with an RSA key that fits a DNS response nicely.
Not sure off the top of my head what exactly that would be in
terms of RSA modulus size.

Based on the work I did on resolver truncation handling, I believe that's
2048-bit RSA keys, but I don't recall exactly at the moment because it was a
while ago.

In theory EDNS0 will give us plenty of extra payload to play with.

Mark.