Re: [ietf-dkim] ECC (was RE: DKIM using old RSA padding?)

2011-02-28 14:30:29

On 28 Feb 2011, at 19:47, Dave CROCKER <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

On 2/28/2011 1:34 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
The time to switch for DKIM is likely to be when ...

Just to be entirely pedantic:

1. This topic is out of scope for the wg at this time.

Asking is fine IMO, but yes, we're not chartered for that as I said earlier.
(Though admittedly not directly when responding to Murray.)

2. There is no industry view that we need to stop using the current DKIM
crypto algorithms anytime soon.  There's nothing wrong with adding to the
repertoire of algorithms if someone is motivated, but there is no industry
urgency.

Yes?

Absolutely. Later is plenty soon enough.

d/

--

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking