Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-01 17:06:59
Just trying to "connect the dots."

SM wrote:
Hi Hector,
At 11:18 01-04-2011, Hector Santos wrote:
Off hand, and I have to go back, I believe seeing some systems using
Authetication-Results to always include a i= as part of its A-R header
result whether it was defined or not and when not, a default value is
displayed.  For example, this is the A-R result for my signature into
this IETF-DKIM list:

        dkim=pass (1024-bit key) header.i=@isdg.net

[snip]

Does that mean, a proposal to remove i= in DKIM-BASE, would imply an
update to the A-R draft is necessary?

RFC 5451 is a proposed standard.  It is not a product of the DKIM WG.
It's up to the author of that RFC to see whether an update is necessary.

Regards,
-sm

--
Hector Santos, CTO