Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-05 13:49:05
On 4/5/2011 1:29 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of John R.
Levine
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 6:51 PM
To: Tony Hansen
Cc: IETF DKIM WG
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

Three questions spring to mind:

a) What does "authenticated user" mean, in general for domains you don't
know?

b) Why should I believe your authenticated user flag?

c) Even if I do believe you, so what?
You had me up to (c).  If I do believe you, why wouldn't I act on your
assertions?

I'm not much interested in the "authenticated user" for domains I don't
know. However, I'm *very* interested in the "authenticated user" for
domains that I *do* know.

As for what "authenticated user" means, I think it's a user whose
identity the domain has verified to their satisfaction, such as through
a login process.

     Tony Hansen
     tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com