Re: [ietf-dkim] Extensions (was RE: Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value))

2011-04-07 10:36:57

On Apr 7, 2011, at 5:05 AM, Charles Lindsey wrote:

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:18:11 +0100, Steve Atkins
<steve(_at_)wordtothewise(_dot_)com>
wrote:

The only safe way to add proprietary gunk into the dkim-signature
header is to add it to the IANA DKIM-Signature tag registry
(how does that happen? Presumably it requires an RFC?)

Do we currently have such an IANA DKIM-Signature tag registry? We
certainly OUGHT to have one. It it permissable to add one now without
recycling at Proposed? I would have thought it was, in which case matters
such as whether an RFC was needed for new tags could be specified.

We do have one already.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/dkim-parameters/dkim-parameters.xml

Cheers,
  Steve