Re: [ietf-dkim] Extensions (was RE: Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value))

2011-04-07 11:45:47
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Charles
Lindsey
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 5:05 AM
To: DKIM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Extensions (was RE: Proposal: Removal of AUID (i=
tag/value))

Do we currently have such an IANA DKIM-Signature tag registry? We
certainly OUGHT to have one. It it permissable to add one now without
recycling at Proposed? I would have thought it was, in which case matters
such as whether an RFC was needed for new tags could be specified.

Yes, RFC4871 created such a registry, so it's been around since the beginning.
See Section 7.  RFC4871bis updates it.

And yes, changing that registry outside of RFC4871bis doesn't derail the
progress toward Draft Standard.