[ietf-dkim] Working Group Last Call on 4871bis

2011-04-12 15:17:25
Because of the extent of discussion, and the set of changes since the
last WGLC, we'll have another last call within the working group on
4871bis.  The editors are ready to submit a new version, which they
will do when they read this message.  Last call will be on that
version (Murray, please post to this thread after it's been
submitted), and will extend to the end of the month, ending on 30
April.

I'll note that there are a few suggestions that are NOT being
addressed in this version, because we do not have rough consensus to
make the changes.  If you brought something up that isn't reflected in
the upcoming version, it is not a question of your being "ignored" --
we need to see support for your suggestion in order to make the
change.

In particular, there's the issue of removal/deprecation of "i=", which
had a great deal of discussion.  There was significant support for
taking it out, but there was also significant support to keep it in.
As we said in Stockholm, when we discussed the process for removal of
features, the default action is to retain them, and we need rough
consensus for removal.  It's not there.

At this point, I ask that issues be brought out specifically and
individually.  Please post minor editorial things to this thread.  If
you still think there are substantive issues, please start a new
thread for each, and prefix the subject with "Issue:".  As we discuss
those, if any come up, let's keep the discussion focused on the issue,
and not wander off in other directions.  In particular, let's avoid
discussions of what we might change here and there, whether we like
ADSP or not, and so on.

I will also appreciate posts to THIS thread that say "I've reviewed
it, and it's ready to go."

Barry, as chair