Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP stats

2011-04-20 23:29:41
Scott Kitterman wrote:

On Wednesday, April 20, 2011 08:01:21 PM John R. Levine wrote:
That's what I did.  The only ADSP I see this year is Paypal.

That's a success story of a sort.  We know that ADSP is only
potentially useful in a narrow set of circumstances.  Data
that indicates the protocol isn't being widely deployed for
domains for which is not suited is good news.

What is more significant is Microsoft Hotmail.com (and I take it
live.com) supporting ADSP checking. I suspect more domains will add
ADSP records to "better access" hotmail, live users.

Also, paypal.com knows what its doing.  Whether or not, ADSP is liked
or not, their ADSP record is a LEGAL DISCLAIMER.  It can be used as
evidence for defense or counter-suits against any harm claims.  Any
host who *intentional neglects* to use ADSP, is putting the hosting
company at risk.

Any product engineer DKIM rep here should do themselves (and company)
a great favor to talk to their chief counsel about DKIM claims of
"responsibility" product liabilities risk and specifically about ADSP
and the decision to intentionally not support it, especially on
intentionally deciding not to check for 3rd party signed author domain
policy records.

Silly or not, those are the fact lawyers look for.

--
Hector Santos, CTO