Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-07 // Attacks Involving Additional Header Fields

2011-04-27 17:31:45
Exception: I am aware that Charles and Doug want the issue re-opened.
Anyone else who wants to see it re-opened and discussed again may post
a message to this thread that says "Consensus needs to be
re-evaluated."  I will reconsider this if there's a demonstration of
real support for me to do so.

I now add Rolf to the list, and it occurs to me that in order to
reconsider consensus we need a clearly stated alternative -- one
alternative, not, perhaps, three that differ.  I, therefore, ask Doug,
Charles, and Rolf to get together (by email, phone, Skype, whatever)
and come up with *one* proposal that you can all stand behind and say
"This works for me."

When you have that, one of you please post the proposal to this
thread, and we can evaluate it and see where we are, and whether
others can agree with what you come up with.

This weekend is far too soon to require this, but it will Really Help
Me if you can do it by this weekend, so I can have it when I'll see
Sean in person and have a chance to talk it over with him.

In any case, I'd like to set an absolute deadline of 6 May for it.  It
will take me at least that long to collect things after working group
last call officially ends -- I will be in Amsterdam early next week.

Please let me know off-list if you have any questions or problems with
this [you may, of course, post on list if you prefer].

Barry, as chair