Re: [ietf-dkim] Output summary - A Day late, Dollar Short

2011-04-28 13:37:07
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

Last paragraph of sec 5.2: " Verifiers SHOULD ignore failed
signatures as though they were not present in the message."

Is that inconsistent with the idea of only reporting signatures
that verified or those that TEMPFAILed?  In that model, failed ones
aren't reported which is logically equivalent to them being ignored.
Seems like a fit to me.

Why can't we say something that infers?

   Reporting invalid signatures is out of scope but may be
   reported to communicate failure to advanced Identity
   Assessors.

And why can't we just layout the output namespace and let
implementators decides?

I think it is really unreasonable to throw in this section (that is
not minor) at the last minute without the proper WG-man-hours for a
thorough consideration.

--
Hector Santos, CTO