Re: [ietf-dkim] Ticket 23 -- l= and Content-type

2011-04-30 21:44:55
-----Original Message-----
From: John R. Levine [mailto:johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 12:33 PM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: DKIM List
Subject: RE: [ietf-dkim] Ticket 23 -- l= and Content-type

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

On further consideration, I'm with Dave.  Suggest removing the current
language about l= and MIME boundaries, and replace with a note that if you
use l=, added content can change the appearance of a message in hard to
anticipate ways.

Replace the whole section with just that, or only the first paragraph?

Sheesh, you actually want me to read the thing?  Oh, all right.

In 4.4.5, delete "  Signers
    of MIME messages that include a body length count SHOULD be sure that
    the length extends to the closing MIME boundary string."

Also delete the subsequent INFORMATIVE IMPLEMENTATION NOTE.

The note earlier in the section says the bad guy can replace the displayed
contents, so I don't think we need to say it again.

Sorry, still confused.

What's your counter-proposal to Alessandro's proposal to modify 9.1.1?

The stuff above talks about 4.4.5.  I see what you want there, but resolution
of 9.1.1 is an open question (to me).