Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP stats

2011-05-02 11:37:15
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Jeff Macdonald
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 8:07 AM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP stats

I can see ATPS gaining momentum in two ways:

a) ADSP adopts it to allow third party signing (using the definition
from #2 above)
b) an author wants to assert a relationship with a DKIM signer.

I see b being useless for receivers. I believe the RFC5322FromDomain
should never match the d= parameter.

I think (b) might be useful if the receiver does something like VBR or a
reputation query about the third-party.  But if there's no apparent need for a
third-party mechanism, then we're pretty much done.

* many ESPs do not do DNS delegation, but instead simply generate key
pairs for their clients and have clients put the public key in DNS.

I include that mechanism when I say "key delegation" as a mechanism for
authorizing a third party, so maybe we need a better general term.