Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP stats

2011-05-02 14:31:08
On May 2, 2011, at 9:33 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

* many ESPs do not do DNS delegation, but instead simply generate key
pairs for their clients and have clients put the public key in DNS.

I include that mechanism when I say "key delegation" as a mechanism for
authorizing a third party, so maybe we need a better general term.

Perhaps "key exchange" would fit?  In any case, it sure sounds like we need a
dedicated BCP about this so we can stop having to re-explain it every other
week.

(This is not a call for rechartering the DKIM WG.)

--
J.D. Falk
the leading purveyor of industry counter-rhetoric solutions