Re: [ietf-dkim] Question: ADSP DKIM=UNKNOWN and A-R reporting

2011-05-04 11:48:17
On 04.05.2011 14:56, Hector Santos wrote:
Alessandro Vesely wrote:
The only difference between setting "unsigned" and letting it be derived
by default should be the ability to control the expiration of such
value.

Can you rephrase this so I can better understand your thinking?

ATPS wasn't visible when I set that record.  The only reason I put it there
was to state a decent TTL, which makes sense since the design of the DNS is
such that replying "not found" never costs less than directly stating that
it will stay unknown at least for the whole day.

I am merely thinking of terms of "intent."  [...]

So only as an rhetorical example, what was tana.it intent by declaring
DKIM=UNKNOWN?

Hm... I'm not sure how layer logic applies to that reasoning.  A default is
a value; discriminating whether it was explicitly given or assumed resembles
Terrell's ternary logic, holding that a bit has three values
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-terrell-math-quant-ternary-logic-of-binary-sys