Re: [ietf-dkim] Question: ADSP DKIM=UNKNOWN and A-R reporting

2011-05-04 06:33:02
On 03.05.2011 15:28, Hector Santos wrote:
  dkim=pass header.i=mipassoc.org header.d=mipassoc.org header.s=k00001;
  adsp=fail policy=unknown author.d=tana.it signer.d=mipassoc.org
(unauthorized signer);

The "(unauthorized signer)" was added because it was an explicit
DKIM=UKKNOWN DNS record declaration.

If there was no ADSP record, the adsp= info would look like this:

  adsp=none author.d=tana.it signer.d=mipassoc.org;

Would that be a reasonable valid A-R reporting for ADSP based on my
interpretation of explicit vs implicit DKIM=UNKNOWN setting?

I don't think so.  The only difference between setting "unsigned" and letting
it be derived by default should be the ability to control the expiration of
such value.

As for ATPS, I will happily mention mipassoc.org as authorized signer, and
I'll possibly authorize more domains, but then I'll also forget some.  That's
what happened when I enabled ADSP promising to myself to whitelist each and
every MLM, and failing to keep it.  IMHO, MLMs should tell authors' servers
about subscriptions, as that would solve a number of problems.  Until they
continue not doing that, this particular problem remains among the unsolved
ones.