Re: [ietf-dkim] MLM and C14N

2011-05-15 23:21:11
Barry Leiba wrote:
Do you know what is being asked?

A real live LIST organism (stream) is adding an extra line (two bytes,
<CR><LF>) after the header and before the body probably all its life

It's an outlier, off in the weeds.  This is not a common situation all
around the Internet.  And in any case, the MLM document isn't the
place to define a new algorithm.

I winged out two things; mentioning the MLM behavior which is real,
live, current and if you like, a recommendation a "kludge" for
verifiers to consider.

I already said I don't like kludges, but I fail to see why it can't be
mentioned that MLM exists that can add the extra line.

    Minor body changes:  Some lists prepend or append a few lines to each
       message to remind subscribers of an administrative URL for
       subscription issues, or of list policy, etc, including some lists
       adding an extra line after the header and before the body. ....

Six.  I also disagree.

Fine, but did you ever see the movie "12 Angry Men?" :)

No, I have no interesting continuing this but for the record, I do
find it very inconsistent to ignore a real scenario for an MLM I-D
who's main purpose is to provide information about the real MLM/DKIM
incompatibility issues and intentionally wants to hide this insight
that could promote changes.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com