Re: [ietf-dkim] MLMs and signatures again

2011-05-27 14:58:58
John R. Levine wrote:

These days most subscriptions are entered on a web page, and if you're
lucky the mailer will send a confirmation message with a URL that sends
the subscriber back to the web page.  Where's the MTA going to get the
subscriber info?

See below

The challenges in designing a protocol that neither makes
unreasonable demands on users and MUAs nor is easily spoofed by hostile
mailers seem insurmountable to me.  If you're planning to keep a
reputation database of mailers who send credible subscription
announcements, why not just whitelist their mail?

Does this include blacklisting the not credible?

Since as far as I know nobody does this, it's a resarch topic, so I've
directed replies to the ASRG.  See you there.

Lets see if my MTA gets the non-subscriber info/notification with a
target that includes the address you directed replies to.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com