Re: [ietf-dkim] Final update to 4871bis for working group review

2011-07-07 11:27:28
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Scott
Kitterman
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 6:32 AM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Final update to 4871bis for working group review

I'm working with someone on an implementation and I think we're going to
assume one more From than listed in h= when verifying to ensure nothing has
been added.

This intentionally causes the verifier to assume what the signer really meant
when it signed a message using a single From: field.  That may look safe but it
isn't what DKIM actually says.

We might do this for libopendkim somewhere down the line, but it would default
"off".

In any case, interesting idea.