Re: [ietf-dkim] Weird i= in client mail

2013-06-21 13:02:24
There are a number of domains supporting ADSP, ATPS and ASL records.
There is a healthy set of world-wide usage at our ADSP Wizard [1].

The problem is I doubt anyone is "ACTING" on any strong policy rule.
That was one of the chief complaint among the policy advocates (vendors)
with the first separation, then deemphasis and WG work product
abandonment of the singular policy (SSP/ADSP proposals) layer for DKIM.

Unfortunately, until DMARC can be trusted to work with a strong handler
expectation, it will continue to have no payoff, high processing
overhead and it will be slow to be adopted with the true source of what
makes a standard - everyone from small to large using it, not just a
relatively handful of *currently* larger businesses who for the most
part are just now using something for marketing purposes.  We spent tons
of man-years dollars on DKIM and POLICY.  I'm going to be a little more
careful and slower, possible never, before getting into DMARC.

I personally do not care for the reporting aspects, that's not the
business I believe we need to build.  The business is addressing the
protection of mail, with automated deterministic "mail policy fault"
filtering.   That is what I outlined in the 2006 DSAP proposal [2] which
for the most part dealt with the idea of filtering the most obvious
faults of the transport mail at the system level and then use at an
additional operational secondary layer a reputation filter which
currently is a "Battery Required" concept - it doesn't exist
persistently nor consistently.  An Author Domain Policy layer is the
only anchor we can use for a persistent and consistent mode of
expectation, design and operation.

[1] http://www.winserver.com/public/wcadsp
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-santos-dkim-dsap-00