Re: whither parametric information

2004-09-30 14:13:21

My question goes to whether the group should be chartered at all.

I don't see the proposed effort as distinct from existing protocols.
One way to make it distinct is take "adding a body part for the security
parameters" off the table.

But then I'll ask why that is necessary, notwithstanding the list of
"distinctive characteristics" currently included in the charter.

Of course if the purpose of the group is to answer these questions, then
I think the charter should more directly say that, and I'll offer
suggestions.

Jim

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Dave Crocker wrote:

    Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:04:40 -0700
    From: Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
    To: James M Galvin <galvin+ietf-mailsig(_at_)elistx(_dot_)com>,
         "ietf-mailsig(_at_)imc(_dot_)org" <ietf-mailsig(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
    Subject: Re: whither parametric information

    Jim,

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:48:58 -0400 (EDT), James M Galvin wrote:
    >  Is it intended to be an open question as to where and how the
    >  parametric information is carried with the message?
    >
    >  Obvious choices are...

    The goal, at this point, is to charter the effort, rather than
    explore the solution space.

    Is there anything in your comments that ought to prompt changes
    in the draft charter text?

    d/
    --
    Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
    Brandenburg InternetWorking  <http://brandenburg.com>