Re: candidate MASS charter

2004-09-30 11:56:45

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Dave Crocker wrote:

ps. my query about the amount of time to budget for the
requirements exercise was serious.  if you believe it essential
to do, then we need to work through the details.  how long is
realistic to produce the formal requirements document?

No more then one ietf cicle (i.e. no more then the time between two ietf
meetings). My suggestion would be to get LastCall on requirements on
(closely after) the next meeting after WG was formed.

Then if there are exists more then one solution that meets requirements
have them refined and new texts submitted and tests on how well the
solutions work and how they compare to each done within next ietf cicle
with 2nd ietf meeting being dedicated to choosing which ONE of the
proposed solutions will go into final cycle.

Finallly between 2nd and 3rd IETF meetings we work on polishing the chosen
solution and bringing it to level needed for it to become a standard with
3rd IETF meeting dedicated to LastCall on WG documents.

This is basicly 1-year plan, I think its realistic to finish the work
with this schedule (alghough one of the problems is that time between
meetings is different, I'd prefer for each cycle to have about same
timeframe with possibly 2nd one having longer one).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks