Re: CircleID on DomainKeys

2004-10-27 10:42:02

http://www.circleid.com/article/791_0_1_0_C/

Actually I don't get the point of the article.

I think the point of the article is that DK is not a painless drop-in
to Notes.  But since SMTP wasn't a painless drop-in, either, that
shouldn't be much of a surprise.  (Excruciating was and is more like
it.)

Notes runs in its own world and talks to the SMTP world through a
decidedly non-transparent gateway.  If Notes systems want to use DK
IIM or SPF or any other authentication scheme from the SMTP world, the
only reasonable way to do that is to do the signing and verification
at the gateway, and translate that info into Notes-ese on the other
side.

You'd think that would be obvious, but I guess a lot of Notes users
don't have much perspective on the rest of the e-mail world.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 330 5711
johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Mayor, http://johnlevine.com,