Re: third parties (was RE: simplicity, focus and adoption; what probl em are we trying to solve?)

2004-10-31 15:37:53

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Peterson, Jon wrote:

Is there any good reason not to just decouple these two properties, and
agree to start with the first-party problem?

I think the important thing is to make the signatures robust in the face
of common message alterations. If you can do this then it becomes trvial
to allow for signatures added by intermediate message handling agents.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING