Re: mailing list software, was What does the mailsig mechanism mean?

2004-11-01 16:53:45

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 18:44 -0500, John Dennis wrote:
Personally I've given up trying to explain the in's and out's of email
to people, some of which are quite bright. I think anything that is
going to require users to configure their MUA or be savvy in any
fashion is doomed, it has to be absolutely transparent with current
practice.

You may be right. If we can deal with these without losing sleep over
them then yes, we might as well.

An RFC2822 scheme which doesn't expect a signature on the From: header
to work if there's a Sender: or Resent-From: header would actually
handle most of the mangling cases without pain.

--
dwmw2