Re: Web pages for MASS effort

2004-11-29 10:59:28
  It isn't an arms race, since the intermediaries want to co-operate with
  us, not break our protocols. One would expect that except for incompetence
  the problem will get smaller over time.

If they are cooperative, then we do not need to put in features that try
to work around the damage they do to a message.

Agreed, but we do also need to put in features that allow for useful
changes that intermediaries commonly want to make. This isn't "arbitrary
stuff", in fact it is often best practice (e.g. Sender: fields in mailing
list messages).

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING