Re: Web pages for MASS effort

2004-11-29 04:14:37

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Dave Crocker wrote:

And this is why it is increasingly clear to me that we should not be
trying to make the mechanism be robust against intermediaries that make
arbitrary changes.  Ultimately, that's an arms race.  The intermediaries
do more and more arbitrary stuff and we do more and more to try to guess
how to protect against it.

It isn't an arms race, since the intermediaries want to co-operate with
us, not break our protocols. One would expect that except for incompetence
the problem will get smaller over time.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING