Re: Web pages for MASS effort

2004-11-30 08:10:40

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:23:20 -0800, Dan Wing wrote:
  With that in mind, I don't see arguments against SpamAssassin's use of
  heuristics apply to mailsig -- I don't believe anyone is proposing or
  suggesting that mailsig use heuristics.  The fact that SpamAssassin
  does so, in order to perform an additional function, is necessary
  because of the additional function that SpamAssassin performs.

1. I think it's dandy for spamassassin to use heuristtics.  In fact, I think
it's essential.  However, I made a distinction between software using
heuristics, vs. standards.

2. I took Justin's note as providing encouragement to have the standard
duplicate headers, because it would facilitate some heuristics.

So,

Having this be a justification for duplication of data is very much a case of
having mailsig participate in the use of heuristics, even though the mailsig
spec, itself, would not contain heuristics.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking