Re: draft-delany-domainkeys-base-02.txt

2005-03-30 09:00:38

On Mar 29, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

OTOH, could DNS scaling issues possibly be lurking nearby?

a number of folks keep raising this concern, but no one has yet produced a
serious analysis that says the problem is serious.

Actually, there have been.  See the DNS choices and assumptions drafts.

note that the signer can use any number of sub-domains and therefore split the
query traffic.  this is yet-another benefit of having the signing ID be
separated from From and Sender.

Query load is only one aspect.  Truncation and cache bloat are others.

Eric Hall did a pretty good analysis of cache bloat with regard to Caller-ID during the MARID days.

If every email user is given a key, then we have a problem. However, I doubt that will be the case.

-andy