Re: Yahoo!'s DomainKeys and Cisco's IIM have merged

2005-06-02 16:30:10

In
<20050602155402(_dot_)J1465(_at_)protagonist(_dot_)smi(_dot_)sendmail(_dot_)com>
 "Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com> writes:

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, william(at)elan.net wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
2. If what I fear about features that went into merged solution are true,
  I doubt I'd support it. [...]
Such as?

[list of things I like about IIM deleted]

Nearly all of those are addressed in the DKIM spec as it exists today.

That is good to hear.

I know many people who are very interested in the crypto solutions,
but we all know that there are limitations too.  The details are going
to be very important in determining if those limitations end up being
"fatal flaws" or "things we can work around".  Details also will
determine if this solution can complement or be complemented by other
anti-spam/anti-forgery sytems.

So, I will continue to be very interested in learning the details and
learning about real-world results of the system.  I guess I will just
have to wait a little longer. ;-)

-wayne