Re: MASS BOF Agenda and Proposed charter

2005-07-14 16:23:35

In <200571416219(_dot_)127638(_at_)bbprime> Dave Crocker
<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

 First, is the intent of this WG to create standard track RFCs?  I
 believe the MARID WG was chartered to do so.

The draft charter specifies the goals of the working group.

Uh, yeah, but I don't think that answers my question.

 Is this something that
 is normally decided on after the BOF?

the draft bof agenda covers this.

It does?  I don't see it...

 Secondly, this appears to be aimed at, basically, rubber stamping the
 DKIM drafts.  Is there any real point in people outside the DKIM
 design committee contributing anything?

the ietf does not do rubber-stamping.

Ok, but the language of the draft charter are pretty strict:

   The specification will be based on the <draft-*-dkim-*.txt> draft
   documents and will make only the minimal changes deemed essential
   to the viability of the service.

-wayne