Re: MASS BOF Agenda and Proposed charter

2005-07-14 16:48:40

In <200571416268(_dot_)102238(_at_)bbprime> Dave Crocker
<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

 This sentence in particular makes makes me particular worried:

 "The specification will be based on the <draft-*-dkim-*.txt> draft
  documents and will make only the minimal changes deemed essential
  to the viability of the service"

Just to be clear:  The text is entirely unofficial.  [...]

You are certainly not the first to react to that particular
sentence.  It was written with quite a bit of care, but also a clear
understanding that it would be sensitive.

Ok, well, if the intent of the sentence is to basically say "look we
aren't going to convert DKIM into SES", or even "look, we aren't going
to even consider SES", then I can understand.  Considering a half
dozen quite different proposals really hurt MARID, IMHO.

On the other hand, as written, it looks to me like the only changes
and improvements that can be considered are those that can be show to
change DKIM from being inviable to viable.  That looks to me to rule
out everything, because DKIM already looks pretty viable.  (So did DK,
IIM, META-signatures and even SES, for that matter.)

-wayne