Re: DKIM licensing

2005-07-14 16:32:29

In
<20050714155005(_dot_)F77917(_at_)protagonist(_dot_)smi(_dot_)sendmail(_dot_)com>
 "Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com> writes:

If possible, I'd like to at least make a distinction between the
licensing of the invention and licensing of software that implements
the invention.

I would submit, for example, that discussing the license our open
source implementation has is not germane here.

Oh, I definately agree with that.

Is there anyone who thinks that the licensing of the implementation
*IS* relevant?

I would be as strongly opposed to any IPR licenses that *required* the
use of the GPL as ruled it out.

-wayne