Re: DKIM licensing

2005-07-14 15:54:11

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, wayne wrote:
Attempts to ignore the license issue, and if the discussion became too loud to try and rule it out of scope, was the direction that MARID took. It didn't work very well, although the technique of shutting down the WG and going directly through the IESG did.

If possible, I'd like to at least make a distinction between the licensing of the invention and licensing of software that implements the invention.

I would submit, for example, that discussing the license our open source implementation has is not germane here.