Re: DKIM: Canonicalization

2005-07-16 10:48:02

In
<20050715065440(_dot_)37558(_dot_)qmail(_at_)web33309(_dot_)mail(_dot_)mud(_dot_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
 <domainkeys-feedbackbase02(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> writes:

 I suspect you already know this, but *everyone* appears to have
their favorite canonicalization formula. And they are all different
at the edges.

Indeed, I suspect that everyone does have their own favorite
canonicalization formula.

I'm not much in to trying to reinvent the wheel, so I'm not going to
suggest any of my own, but I am curious:

What about using the canonicalization methods of DCC and/or Razor?

They have the advantage that they are very well field tested.  On the
other hand, they are designed to ignore "hash busters", so they will
be even looser than nowsp.  Still, they may provide some important
insight for DKIM.

Ok, I'm just kind of throwing this idea out.  It has been well over a
year since I last looked into the hashing systems used by DCC/Razor
and I have not seen any of the design work that went into the nowsp
method, so maybe this has already been done.

-wayne