Re: Feedback on DKIM draft (long)

2005-07-15 09:14:47

william(at)elan.net wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Michael Thomas wrote:

What I'm slightly concerned however is that DKIM says that all tags
are to be included (except 'b') but there maybe reasons to introduce
extensions as new tags with data that is not to be included so I think
opt-out option for unknown tags should be made available.

Receivers MUST ignore unknown tags is in the current draft,
so you are future proofed.

The other way around is then useful, i.e. ability to introduce new
tags (unknown to the base spec) that are going to be included.

BTW - my preference is to actually include unknown tags and give
optout option before tag name or maybe base on tag name (i.e. like
include normal "a=q" tags but not "_a=q").

I'm sorry, I don't understand this. And consequently, I don't
see what the current spec would suffer from.

                Mike