Re: DKIM: c=simple is aspirational

2005-07-18 08:59:16

 RFC-2822 explictly states that header fields names are to be treated
 case insensitive and the header fields are to be unfolded before any
 further processing is done on the field.

This raises a question I find interesting:  Is the type of DKIM processing the
same as is meant by the reference you cite?

RFC822/RFC2822 have a focus on process the structure and content of a message.
Hence they focus on its semantics.

DKIM has a strict focus on form, really, not semantics.  As I understand the
goals of the canonicalization algorithms, in the tradeoff between robustness
and
strength against manipulation, the most stringent requirement is to detect
essentially ANY change in form.

 From this perspective, it would seem that the RFC2822 stricture does not apply.

  d/
  ---