2005-07-16 22:57:52

Comments/questions:

* The term character should not be used.  Use octet.  Character has
  specific meaning for those that deal with character encodings (e.g.
  UTF-8, ISO-2022-JP).

  For example, replace "octet characters" with "octets".

* Why is step (2) needed?

* Why does (4) only apply to the beginning of the body part and not
  the end?  I know of real-world cases where dropping LWSP at the
  end of the body part is needed.  I'm not aware of any concerns
  about the beginning of a body part.

  It seems (4) could be stated more concisely as follows:

    All LWSP at the beginning and end of the body part is dropped.

--ewh